Monday, April 23, 2012

T: Traveling

Yes, this is another post outside of my book review theme. For any of you who read my blog, you know I am a copy editor. I received a new manuscript just a couple of days ago from the publisher, and quite frankly, I don't have time to read anything else right now! I have a couple more book reviews coming, but I will just have to ad lib for the rest.

Today I want to talk about traveling. I do it a lot ... with my husband of course! Today we left the Central Valley of California and drove up I-5 to Mt. Shasta City. I have seen Mt. Shasta several times, but I do not believe I have ever seen it look as beautiful as it did today. It is almost completely covered in snow and with the gorgeous blue sky, it towers above us like a beautiful gem. The sight is absolutely breathtaking!

In our travels over the past two years and almost four months, we have found something beautiful about every state we have been in—and there have been several. Would you like a list? Okay, here goes:
California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont. Whew! We have been busy the last two years! Tomorrow we will arrive in Oregon for a couple of days and then on to Idaho for the remainder of the summer.

Traveling ... oh yes, I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a busy two years!! Looking forward to when John and I can travel more, at least leave Texas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. I live in Oregon. It's a gorgeous state. We moved here about 15 years ago and I always say there's not much ugly around here. And every place is so different--the coast, the coastal mountains, the vallies, the Cascades, southern Oregon, and central and eastern. Hope you enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to travel there myself. Beautiful descriptions and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stoppin in from the A to Z Challenge to say hello! I worked for a company that financed boats and RVs for over a decade. What an awesome business to be in. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete