Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C: Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise by Joyce Magnin


I had my posts scheduled to post each day, but it apparently didn't work. Sorry!
ref=sr_1_1.jpg

     This book about Charlotte Figg was so fun. I absolutely loved the colorful characters and thoroughly enjoyed the surprises throughout the book. I felt the characters were well developed, and I found myself empathizing more and more with all of them. Even Charlotte's mom grew on me toward the end.           
     Truthfully, I might have rated this book even better had I not been bothered by the ending. Although the author weaves God's grace throughout the entire story, I felt the ending was a bit forced and left me wishing it had ended differently—not quite so neatly wrapped up in a Sunday School manner. That said, I would still recommend reading this book. You will fall in love with the characters and want to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment