Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meep Meep!

We have a roadrunner! I saw it yesterday and was so excited. You know by now that I love seeing wildlife. I have posted pictures of deer, cows, spiders, ducks, alligators, etc. Well here he is:
He was running around out in front of the trailer for about 15 minutes or so. I hope he comes back! Of course it could be a she~

On a different subject all together, the flame burning off the excess H2S on the pad is super high tonight. It made both of us a bit nervous, but one of the tankers just came through and said it was nothing to worry about. We haven't been able to smell the gas at all, so it must be doing a good job.

New subject ... I am on a roll tonight! We had quite a rainstorm a little over a week ago. I think it was on Sunday the 22nd. Regardless, our rain gauge said we got about 3/4" in about an hour. The next morning, we realized the carpet was wet between the bed and the sink, and it was damp on the other side of the bed too. Our bed is on one of the four slides in our trailer. We naturally, but unhappily, assumed the water was a result of a leak around the slide. Ugh! One more thing to get fixed.
To dry it out and avoid mold, Wayne brought our electric heater into the room, turned it on high, and set it to blowing right on the wettest spot. This has been repeated pretty much every day for the past 10 days since the storm and as of this morning, we were still struggling with the water, which just didn't make sense. Finally, Wayne decided to investigate further and found that a fitting underneath the bathroom sink had developed a leak. The fact that the leak perfectly coincided with the hard rain is so ironic. Anyway, he worked on it before going to bed this morning, and then again once he got up. The problem has been solved ... yay!

Hmmm, I think I have run out of things to write about today, so I guess that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the problem fixed and it wasn't the slide.

    ReplyDelete