
It's been a few days since I updated, but they have been days full of activity. We arrived in Livingston late afternoon last Saturday. It was still quite cold here through Sunday. As a matter of fact, we didn't hook up our water and sewer lines until today as they would have just frozen over night. Actually, we have found that we can survive for quite a few days with a full tank of water onboard. However, it is nice to have the water hose hooked up now and not have to worry about it.
We found a nice church to attend on Sunday morning (First Baptist Church of Livingston). After lunch we took care of the laundry that had built up over the previous 7 days. On Monday we were successful in taking care of the legal steps necessary to become Texans. We had our truck and 5th wheel inspected, had the 5th wheel weighed, registered both vehicles & received our Texas license plates (added a picture from the Texas website for you), got our Texas driver's licenses, and registered to vote in Texas! We also changed our insurance over to Texas as well. All in all, a very successful day.
Since then, we have been making a point to try to relax and enjoy ourselves while still taking care of things. We even road our bikes around the park today. I am sure I will feel that tomorrow! Anyway, I still have a box full of paper to go through, but since we are supposed to get tons and tons of rain over the next few days, I probably have more than enough time to get it done!
I must admit that it still feels very weird to not be working. We have both commented several times that although we are glad we are here, it just feels SO odd! Eventually I suppose it will become normal. Take care everyone ... we miss you!
Congratulation on becoming Texans! Judy and I did it by birth when Dad was in seminary. I thought I was born in California for the longest time and was very disappointed to find out I was a Texan! How could my parents do that to me! ~ Hope you will be warming up soon. You would arrive in Texas when the weather is a little unusual, Love the pictures and especially the one of the license plate. Don’t hear from you we will send out an SOS with that plate number on it! ~ Keep enjoying yourselves and stay safe!!!! Sharon
ReplyDelete