Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nacogdoches

Yeah, I wouldn't have known what that was either! Well, I do now -- we visited Nacogdoches, Texas today, apparently the oldest city/town in Texas. We decided to take a ride late this morning north of Livingston to the city of Lufkin's mall. We had a couple of things we wanted to look at and Livingston is just too small to find them around here. We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch ... we are learning to really like their sandwiches. Anyway, the Lufkin mall was a little, well, smallish and we were done before we wanted to call it a day, so we continued north for a bit more and came to Nacogdoches. We had a nice ride and I got a few pictures of their "old town", but we haven't downloaded them to the computer yet. I will have to add them later. Looking on the map while traveling, I realized that we are VERY close to Louisiana. We will plan a day trip sometime in the next couple of weeks to visit yet another state. How cool is that? Gotta get to bed now. TTFN :-)

2 comments:

  1. Nacogdoches made international headlines in February 2003, after receiving much of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster debris. Wow, what a place to visit. Your adventure is really going well. Now another new state! Enjoy! Stay safe! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at Chick-fil-A menu and never taking Don there! Biscuits and gravy! He will eat them forever! So bad! Stay safe and eat well! Sharon

    ReplyDelete