
Well, we are on our way. We camped in Bakersfield last night, and we are in Blythe, California this evening (see picture) -- just barely short of Arizona. We were scheduled to camp over the Arizona border, but since that turned out to be impossible, we were able to arrange a night's stay at the Blythe/Colorado River KOA. We took a walk down by the river after setting up and before dinner. It was nice to get out and stretch our legs ... Lucy certainly appreciated it!
One of the biggest challenges we are facing so far is just learning to relax. We have not made it into the "take it easy" mindset quite yet. I suppose it is too much to hope for too soon, but as odd as it sounds, it doesn't feel like we just left yesterday. It feels like we have been on the road for quite a while.
We have had a couple of problems with the 5th Wheel -- nothing horrible, just annoying. As I mentioned before, Wayne had to fix the gas line outside yesterday; he got it done quickly and everything worked great. Today when we set up, he found that there may be a problem on the other side of the trailer with the gas. We opted to wait until we get to Texas before attempting anymore repairs on that particular system. The system is working well enough to deal with it for a few more days. Another issue that cropped up today is with the wardrobe closets. On our very first trip with the 5th wheel a couple of years ago, the main clothes rod fell down and broke. He did a great job of fixing it with a much more solid clothes rod. Unfortunately, we had a similar problem today in the smaller wardrobe closet, so he is hard at work fixing that as I type. I suppose these things will continue to show up as we travel until it all "shakes out" so to speak.
Tomorrow we have a relatively short trip to St. David, Arizona. It is about 1 1/2 hrs past Phoenix east and then south. We have stayed here before and found it very nice. Thursday we should make it all the way thru New Mexico and into western Texas. How exciting!
I need to close this for now as I must begin learning our travel software. I needed it today in the car and I found I had no idea what to do. Wayne has been the planner ... now I need to take a more active role, so here goes ... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment