Friday, March 9, 2012

One week, six days, 10 hours~

...until we are finished with gate guarding, at least for the time being. Unless something changes we intend on coming back in early fall, but I have to admit, it will be nice moving on for now. We have been at this gate for the past three months, and that means we haven't been in the car together for that same amount of time. It is a bit monotonous now, and we are ready to move on. Talk about "hitch itch"—we both have it bad!

We have had several instances in the past couple of weeks where we were aware of illegal activity in our area. The Border Patrol has told us of some major "bail outs" just up the road. Apparently the guys back on the oil pads have had some "visitations" they weren't expecting. Thankfully, we haven't seen hide nor hair of anyone at our gate though, and we hope it stays that way. Neither one of us is the least bit interested in meeting any south-of-the-boarder folks that have entered the U.S. illegally. No thanks!

I was able to finish copyediting the manuscript on time and mailed the USB drive back to the publisher. I had such a great time with it, and I am looking forward to the next one. I am not exactly sure when that will happen. I told him I couldn't do any copyediting between April 5th and 22nd, as that is when we will be seeing our kids and grandkids. I am not going to let anything interrupt the little bit of time we have to spend with them.

Spring has definitely sprung here in south Texas. Although they are weeds, we have some very pretty flowers all around us. Of course we understand some of the guys have already killed a six-foot rattlesnake too. Kinda hoping we don't see one of those either. Here are a couple of the flowers:

Pretty aren't they?

You would think I would have more to say since I haven't updated our blog for over two weeks. Hmmm, I guess that speaks to the monotony doesn't it. Don't get me wrong—I'm not bored. I have been able to read several awesome books. So long as I have books, I won't ever be bored. But there just isn't much going on, so I guess that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment