It seems every time I start a new blog post, I begin with something like “so much has happened”. Well, this time is no exception. My last post on August 24th was titled “6 weeks, 5 days and counting”. Well now it is “0 weeks, 0 days” and it isn’t even October yet!
I do not wish to go into detail here, but suffice it to say September 6th was a bad day. The owner of the KOA was working on little sleep and was in a “difficult” mood to put it nicely … we paid the price in the early evening and were fired! We packed up that evening and left the next morning.
It was a difficult summer for all the workers at this campground when it came to dealing with the owners. However, the friendships we forged won’t be forgotten, and we all had a great time with many of the campers. For us it has just been hard that we weren’t allowed to finish our commitment … even with all the issues, we had been determined to finish well. It wasn’t to be, but since it was out of our control, we have to assume the Lord has a reason for our early departure.
After leaving the KOA on Tuesday morning (September 7th), we traveled the huge distance of 20 miles south to Sycamore, Illinois and spent the next week at the Sycamore RV Resort with friends. This morning, (Tuesday, September 14th) we traveled up into southwest Michigan, to the village of Berrien Springs. This is our first foray into Michigan and so far it is beautiful. We saw a little bit of Indiana too as we made our way east and then north. We will be back down to Indiana next week. I'll try to post a few pictures next time, when I write about our trip to St. Louis, Missouri for our anniversary September 1st. Until then ...
No comments:
Post a Comment